Close Menu

Who can file for legitimation?

Return to FAQ Videos


In Georgia, when the parents are not married at the time the child is born, a father can file for legitimation in order to establish his legal rights with respect to the child. As part of the legitimated proceedings, the court can also order child support, and set up a parenting time schedule between the parties and the child.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Life Forward

© 2018 - 2024 Buckhead Family Law. All rights reserved.